« | Home | »

Mango Tips

By SkinnyandMini | May 13, 2009

• Never buy completely green mangoes, as they may never ripen. Under ripe mangoes can have an unpleasant chemical taste if eaten raw. When buying, no fragrant aroma most likely means no flavor.

• Mangos should be stored at 35 degrees F. after being ripened at room temperature.

• Never burn mango leaves or branches, the toxic fumes can cause serious irritation to the eyes and lungs.

• Be very careful of the stem end of mangos if any part of the branch or leaf is attached, as the sap can cause allergic reactions.

Topics: Tips, Tricks & Terms | No Comments »

Comments